Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Glendeer Pet Farm
Glendeer Pet Farm is an Irish tourist board approved pet farm located in Athlone the heart of Ireland. Just 4 km off the main Dublin to Galway route, West of Athlone.
Glendeer Pet Farm open’s every year for the Summer season from Easter week straight through to the end of September. The farm is spread over 6 acreas and includes 50 different species of birds and animals. Watch the beautiful deer, let the kids get a real hands-on experience with a wide variety of animals, donkeys, goats, lIamas, geese, duck and other rare birds and lots more, including their new monkeys, wallablies and tortoises,as you make your way around the farm. There is a big farm barn with small children, puppies, rabbits and friendly goats as well as a huge variety of exotic-looking chickens and doves. There is also a massive sand box with diggers, shovels and wheelbarrows for the younger children.
Stroll along the nature walk, which is part of an old mass path. Imagine how Jack the famer lived in the 18th Century restored cottage.
Relax in the coffee shop, with some tea or coffee and home made refreshments; while the children enjoy the playground.
The Glendeer Pet Farm opened its gates to the public in April 1991 with over 50 species of animals and birds. Since the pet farm opened it has been featured on numerous TV programmes and has won several awards.
At Glendeer Open Farm your family will have a time to remember.
Glendeer Pet Farm Opening Times
Reopen for the Summer Season on Saturday 14th March and will be open everyday until 27th September
- Monday – Saturday 11.00 – 18.00
- Sunday 12.00 – 18.00
Glendeer Pet Farm Admission
- Adults:- €8
- Children:- €8
Glendeer Pet Farm Facilities Include
- Coffee Shop
- 50 species of animals & birds
- Children’s playground
- Pets Corner
- Indoor and outdoor picnic area
- 1850’s restored cottage
- Nature walk
- Toilets & Baby Changing
- Souvenir shop
- Ample coach and car parking
- Wheelchair Accessible
Glendeer Pet Farm Birthday Parties
Glendeer Open Pet Farm is the ideal location for your birthday party or any other special event such as Communions or Confirmations.
They provide a safe and entertaining environment for which to hold your party.
Glendeer Pet Farm Events
- Easter Fun At Glendeer Farm
Enjoy the fun and frolics of Glendeer Easter Egg Hunts. Join in the mad, hurried dash to see who will collect the most eggs because if you don’t the greedy animals will gobble them all up. There will be separate egg hunts for the under 4 year old.
Date / Times Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday / 15.00
To Find Out More About Easter On Glendeer Pet Farm
- Christmas Lapland At Glendeer Farm
Glendeer is transformed into Irelands Lapland for the month of December with Santa and his reindeer, a crib with a live cow and donkey, a snow scene and much more.
Ireland’s Lapland :-
- Monday – Friday 16.00 – 19.00
- Saturday – Sunday 15.00 – 19.00
To Find Out More About Christmas At Glendeer Farm
- Spooktastic Halloween Event with Willow the Witch
Cast spells with our scary witch, toast marshmallows over an open fire, enter the eerie maze but be warned, it’s as your own risk. Enter the forbidden forest and be scared by lots more ghosts and ghouls at Glendeer Pet Farm this Halloween!
To Find Out More About Halloween in Glendeer Pet Farm
Directions To Glendeer Pet Farm
From the Dublin side of Athlone
- Follow the signs for Galway until you are on the dual carriage (Athlone by-pass). Take Exit 13 (Tuam/Monksland exit), if you miss this turn you will end up on a new stretch of motorway & there are no slipways off until you reach Ballinasloe, so be careful not to miss exit 13. From this exit you come to a roundabout, where you take the 2nd exit (signposted Ballydangan) and continue on to another roundabout where you take the 1st exit (Ballydangan) and just after that roundabout you take the next turn right and the farm is 2 miles (3kms) up the road on the left hand side.
From the Galway side of Athlone (motorway)
- Head for Athlone & take the 1st slipway off motorway signposted Exit 13 (Athlone West), Continue to the 1st roundabout & take the 2nd exit (Galway), at the 2nd roundabout take the 3rd exit (Ballydangan) & at the 3rd roundabout take the 1st exit (Ballydangan), and just after that roundabout you take the next turn right and the farm is 2 miles (3kms) up that road on the left hand side.
Glendeer Farm is the ideal setting for your summer day out, school tours, birthday parties, scout groups, mother and toddler groups etc.
All catered for by appointment. Contact The Glendeer Farm Team Tel. 353 90 6437147 or go to their website www.glendeerpetfarm.ie for more information.