Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Red Mountain Open Farm
Red Mountain Open Farm in Meath is a great day out for all the family, with a huge selection of animals to be seen as well as their new indoor kids play area with mini go-karts, play tractors and sand pit. Red Mountain Farm provides an affordable day out with attractions and adventure for all the family
Visitors to the farm can interact with the farm animals enjoy a picnic or have a bite to eat in the cafe with its quality teas, coffee and home baking.
The children will love to cuddle the chicks, bunnies and puppies, feed the donkeys, ponies, pygmy goats, lambs and piglets. Play with the mini diggers and tractors on the farm.
Why not take a trip on the Red Mountain Open Farm very own “Bumpy Blue Barrel Express Train” or experience a pony carriage ride. You can also enjoy a walk along the country trail and visit the newly born foal and horses
They welcome children parties, school tours and special family group’s occasions. All they ask is that you call in advance for bookings. Phone. 041 983 3221
They also run seasonal events at Easter, Halloween and Christmas for all the family to enjoy.
Red Mountain Pet Farm Facilities
Open all year round, they have a range of weatherproof Features and Facilities aimed at providing a comprehensive choice for your family, group, birthday parties, school groups etc., for that fun day out.
- Animal and Fowl Enclosures (Indoor):- Currently they have: pigs, donkey, geese, turkeys, guinea hens, rabbits, guinea pigs, goats, chickens, hens, lambs, pups and others dependant on what time of year you visit.
- Facilities are provided for petting and feeding animals.
- Indoor and Outdoor Play Areas:Safe and well equipped playgrounds including hay maze and slide, peddle go- carts and much more which can be overseen by guardians while enjoying a cup of tea or coffee.
- Picnic area provided:- Pre-arranged to suit group needs and include indoor and outdoor areas.
- Refreshments:- Tea, Coffee, Soft drinks ect.
- Toilet and washing facilities.
- Indoor and outdoor sand pits play area.
- Toy Tractors / Peddle Carts:- For smaller kids – indoor and out.
- Childrens Learning Centre:- Facilities for up to 80 children for lectures, demonstration etc.
- Blue Barrel Express:- very popular “land train” runs all year round
- Pony / Horse Carriage Rides:- Available subject to weather conditions and animals welfare.
- Horse / Ponies
- Pony Grooming:- By appointment – for groups of 3 and more
- Countryside Walks:- Short or medium walks through a choice of pasture or tillage areas.
Red Mountain Birthday Parties
A unique and exciting way to spend your birthday in one of the Red Mountain Farm dedicated party barns. Guests will meet farm animals, take a ride on the blue barrel express and explore the fun of the farm.
How To Get To Red Mountain Open Farm
Just 5 kilometres off the M1 (exit 9) at Drogheda and two minutes from the Newgrange Entrance/Interpretative Centre.
They have spacious parking for cars and buses