Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Wells House and Gardens, Wexford
Wells House and Gardens in Co. Wexford has something for all generations to enjoy and share, with a host of attractions and activities to suit visitors of all ages, children, parents and even grandparents. It is ideal for family day trips or group outings and they have a selection of packages suitable for School Tours, Birthday Parties.
At Wells House and Gardens there are a number of kids activities and family entertainment events throughout the year with a bumper calendar of events planned including the Mad Hatter Event, Victorian Garden Party, Summer BBQ’s, Teddy Bear’s Picnic and Knights and Princess Party to mention a few!
Find more information on Wells House Events
Wells House & Gardens – A great House & Gardens – A grand adventure for all.
Wells House and Gardens Facilities
- The Lady Frances Woodland Walk
Enjoy the two woodland walks, The Lady Frances Woodland Walk and Mogue’s Walk. Discover hidden treasures including the fairy doors & other creatures in a verdant landscape of mature plants and trees.
- Victorian Terrace Gardens by Daniel Robertson
Relax in the beautifully restored formal gardens based on the original Daniel Robertson plans of the 1830’s and see continuing work on the restoration of the Parterre garden.
- Adventure Playground
Swings, slides and climbing frames, perfect for kids from 4 to 14 years.
- Victorian House Tour
Experience real life in a Victorian Great house through the eyes of Lady Frances and the residents of Wells House
- Wells House Archery: Let the resident Archer show you how to shoot a bow and arrow at standard targets.
- The Craft Courtyard: the stable block of Wells House has been transformed into a retail outlet for local crafters and a new resident gardener showcasing their range of talents and skills in the stunning location.
- Falconry at Wells House:- Book a one in a lifetimes experience to see these majestic birds of prey with your Hawk Walk with the resident falconer
- Mrs Stones Pantry
Enjoy morning coffees, hearty lunches and afternoon teas. For that special treat try some delicious home bakes or an irresistible fresh scones – new children’s meals have been introduced to the menu! New extended seating area on our terrace and new woodland annex inside!
- Geocaching! A great new activity at Wells House & Gardens! Simply download an app to your smart phone and print off the map from our website! Solve the clues to find to end coordinates of where the treasure or “Cache” is hidden! Trade an item for someone else to discover!
Wells House and Gardens Opening Times
- May to September – 10am to 6pm daily
- October to April – 11am to 4pm daily
Wells House and Gardens are pleased to announce that they are now catering for Birthday groups with Birthday packages to suit your needs and with a choice or hot or cold food for the birthday party!
Fairy Woodland Party
Party with the fairies in the enchanted woods of Wells House & Gardens!! Dress up as a pretty fairy in a tutu and fairy wings (costume supplied by Wells House and Gardens). Go in search of the fairies who have made the Enchanted woods in Wells House and Gardens their home. The birthday party will go for a walk looking for the fairy doors which have recently appeared in the trees along the woodland walk and will listen to the story about the fairies and all the fun adventures they get up to every day!
Afterwards explore the woodlands and gardens and hang out on the climbing frames, swings and slides in the adventure playground.
“A mouse took a stroll through the deep dark wood…..”
Bring your birthday mice along the Gruffalo walk through the woods, (Mice costumes provided by Wells House and Gardens). Enjoy the classic tale through storytelling and meet all the characters and more from the Gruffalo storybook, including the fearsome Gruffalo himself!
Explore the woodlands and gardens, and hang out on the climbing frames, swings, and slides in the Adventure Playground.
Let the hunter / warrior in you come out to play with this archery parties. Visit the woodland archery course and take aim at the 18 ‘life-size animal’ style targets. Price includes access to the woodland walk, terrace garden, playground and picnic areas.
Irish Wildlife Sanctuary Birthday Party
This is a fantastic birthday party experience for animal loving children giving them a chance to interact and learn about a variety of exotic animals along side an experienced expert from the IWS. Enjoy themed arts & crafts, small animal holding and games!
For more details on Birthday Party packages and prices contact Wells House at [email protected] or on +353 (0)53 9186737
Please mention Familyfun.ie when Booking
Wells House and Gardens Entrance Fees
- Entry fee at gate €10 per car
- House Tour:
€6 per adult
€14 for a family of 4
Children and Active Retirement €4 per person
Kids under 4 go free!
- Archery costs €15 per adult or €50 for a family of four i.e. 2 adults and 2 children (for larger families the fifth family member goes free).
- The one hour Hawk Walk with our resident falconer costs €25 per person or €60 for a family of 2 adults and 2 children (under the age of 12)
Pre-booked Groups and School Tours are welcome at Wells House and Gardens with ample car and coach parking available.
For more details contact Wells House at [email protected] or on +353 (0)53 9186737
Directions To Wells House and Gardens, Wexford
Wells House is on the R741 between Gorey and Wexford.
- 18km from Gorey
- 24km from Wexford
- 21Km from Enniscorthy
- 110km from Dublin(choose exit 23 off N11)
GPS Co-Ordinates: 52.528448 – 6.346021 – See Google map at top of page
Falconry at Wells House