Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Larchill Arcadian Garden
If you are looking for family day out in Kildare, Larchill Arcadian Gardens offer a host of attractions and activities to suit visitors of all ages children, parents and even grandparents.
Larchill Arcadian Garden is ideal for family day trips or group outings. Only 40 minutes drive from Dublin where you will find Larchill is much more than just another Historic Garden in Ireland.
Larchill Arcadian Garden is truly unique, the only complete ‘Ferme Ornée‘’ in Europe – an ornamental 18th century farm and landscaped garden. Scenic walks through parkland and beech avenues link 10 magical garden follies. Rare breeds graze the land. There is a picturesque 8 acre lake with two fairytale island folies, a formal Walled Garden with Shell Lined tower and a decorative gothic farmyard.
Larchill For The Kids
At Larchill Arcadian Garden there are numerous kids activities and family entertainment events. Whether you try your hand at Archery or simply marvel at the elegance of the falconry display and poultry show, you will find something to entertain family members of all ages.
Larchill Pet’s Corner, Toddlers Sandpit and Wooden Playground provide fun for all ages. With old fashioned games, wooden adventure trail, indoor play area, pondlife/ nature studies, indoor Junior Science room, crazy crquet, rare breeds of farm animals and a maze in mid July and August, a family day at Larchill Arcadian Gardens is not to be missed
Larchill Arcadian Gardens Facilities
As well as Larchill’s many original attractions visitors will find that they have added some new facilities for their comfort and ease. For those in need of refreshment why not relax at the Barn Tearooms, a converted barn serving seasonal snacks (pannini, sandwiches, rolls) , traditional farmhouse teas and at Christmas special festive treats.
Other facilities in include
- Pets Coner
- Toddler Sandpit
- Disabled facilitiesand limited disabled access
- Free carparking
- Coach parking
- Imaginative gift shop
- Picnic area in the Playground
- Wonderful Gift Shop
Larchill Arcadian Gardens Opening Times
- May – Bank Holiday Sat/Sun/Mon ,Only open to school tours and pre-booked groups for rest of month
- June – Open to all visitors Bank Holiday Sat/Sun/Mon, Rest of month open to all visitors Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun,Pre-booked School and Groups 7 days a week.
- July – Open to all visitors Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun. Pre-booked groups 7 days a week
- August – Open to all visitors Bank Holiday Sat/Sun/Mon, Rest of month open to all visitors Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun, Pre-booked groups 7 days a week.
- September - Open to all visitors at weekends Sat/Sun, Pre-booked groups 7 days a week
- GARDENS CLOSE last Sunday in September
Larchill Gardens Entrance Fees
- Adult: €7.50
- Child: €5.50
- Group: €6.50
- Family: €27.50 (2 adults & 4 children)
- Family Season Tickets
They also offer a Family Season Ticket ideal for those special Family Outings.
Pre-booked Groups and School Tours are welcome at Larchill Arcadian Gardens with ample car and coach parking available.
Directions To Larchill Arcadian Gardens Kildare
Directions from the M4 (West from Dublin)
First take the exit for Kilcock, just before the village of Kilcock take the first left for Trim & Summerhill (R158) (At Mulligans Wood yard). Take first right exit at new roundabout signposted Larchill. (R125). Keep on the Dunshaughlin Road (R125) for approx 3km following Larchill signs. Take first left after cul-de-sac (R125). Entrance to Larchill – 2nd entrance on left up hill