Dunbrody Famine Ship and Irish Emigrant Experience
At the Dunbrody Famine Ship and Irish Emigrant Experience, they tell the story of famine emigration from the point of view of those who left. The brave and desperate, and above all, ordinary people who chose to leave everything they knew for an uncertain future abroad.
The tour takes you to the quayside of New Ross, where the Departure Exhibit will set the scene of famine emigration. Waiting for you is The Dunbrody, a 3 masted barque that will be your home for the month long trip to New York.
On board our tour guides will explain the harshness of conditions on the voyage. Costumed performers play the roles of famine emigrants, and bring the experience to life.
At the end of the tour our Arrivals Hall will show you the fate awaiting those who survived the trip. It would take generations of hard work, and loyal service, before the Irish community were to become an accepted and respected part of North American society.
The Dunbrody Famine Ship is a partner in the Failte Ireland “Family Friendly Programme”. As such, we are dedicated to providing the very best family experience. With the perfect mix of entertainment for the kids, and info for the adults, we have something for everyone.
- The Dunbrody Famine Ship has 10 years experience catering to the needs of school tours.
- They provide an educational and entertaining tour that actively engages young people in a critically important era of Irish History.
- The varied, and engaging tour lasts approximately 1 hour.
- School groups receive our very best discount admission rate. They also provide a teacher’s information pack and a student activity sheet, for use in the classroom.
- They are situated on the N25 and coach parking is available on site.
Dunbrody Emigrant Ship Opening Times
April – September – Open 9 to 6
- First tour 9.45am
- Last tour 5pm
October – March – Open 9 to 5
- First tour 10am
- Last tour 4pm
Irish Emigrant Experience Admission Prices
- Adults €14
- Senior Citizens €13
- Child/Student €9
- Family 2+1 €32
- Family 2+2 €40
- Family 2+3 €48
Dunbrody Famine Ship New Ross, Co. Wexford
The Dunbrody Famine Ship is moored at the quayside in the town of New Ross, in County Wexford. New Ross is centrally located in the Historic and Scenic southeast region of Ireland. With excellent road links, New Ross is a perfect addition to any tourist’s itinerary. With literally dozens of attractions and activities in the surrounding area, New Ross is ideal for a brief stop, a day trip, or even a week long stay.