Emo Court, Laois
Emo Court was designed by the architect James Gandon in 1790 for the Earls of Portarlington and is a magnificent example of this neo-classical style.
During the middle of this century it was owned by the Jesuits, it was then acquired and extensively restored by Mr. Cholmeley-Harrison in the 1960s.
The house is surrounded by beautiful gardens and parkland which were first laid out in the 18th century and contain formal lawns, a lake and woodland walks with many very fine trees and shrubs.
The house and gardens were taken into State ownership in 1994.
Emo Court Opening Times:
House: Easter to end October: Daily 10.00 – 18.00
Last admission one hour before closing.
Gardens open all year every day during daylight hours.
Emo Court Admission:
Adult EUR 2.75
Child EUR 1.25
Student EUR 1.25
Senior EUR 2.00
Family EUR 7.00 Group EUR 2.00