Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Irish Museum of Modern Art
The Irish Museum of Modern Art Dublin in The Royal Hospital is Ireland’s leading national institution for the collection and presentation of modern and contemporary art
The Museum of Modern Art presents a wide variety of art in a dynamic programme of exhibitions, which regularly includes bodies of work from its own Collection and its award-winning Education and Community Department.
It also creates more widespread access to art and artists through its Studio and National programmes.
Irish Museum of Modern Art Guide Tours
Guided tours are led by the Mediator Team. There are free guided tours of the exhibitions every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 14.30.These tours are designed for individual visitors and small groups. No booking is required.
- It is also possible to book a guided tour for larger groups. Guided tours are free of charge and are available from Tuesday to Friday at 10.00, 11.45, 14.30 and 16.00.
- The maximum size group is 32.
- There is a minimum of three-weeks notice to book a tour, early booking is advised.
- Guided tours have no practical art-making component but it is possible to bring paper, sketchbooks and clipboards into the gallery spaces. Only dry materials are permitted in the galleries and some exhibitions may be restricted.
- Supervision of children is required at all times.
Booking Tel 353 1 6129976 or E-mail [email protected]
Irish Museum of Modern Art For Families
Families are invited to visit IMMA at any time during opening hours. Families can visit the exhibitions, use art materials in the Response Room, take part in the IMMA TRAIL or explore the grounds and history of the Royal Hospital.
IMMA Art Trail
An Art Trail featuring outdoor works from the IMMA Collection is available to pick up in the galleries.
Explorer for Families
IMMA’s family programme, Explorer, welcomes children and adults to experience art works and art making together on Sunday afternoons
To Find Out More About … Explorer for Families
Irish Museum of Modern Art Response Room
During your visit to IMMA, drop into the Response Room. Tell us about your experience of the artworks on exhibition, draw or write on a Respose Card and pop it into the special post box. Make an artwork with the materials in the room (pencils, markers, paper and fabric) or have a look at what other visitors have pinned on the display boards in response to their experiences at IMMA. Children are welcome to use the materials and to display their artwork
Irish Museum Of Modern Art Opening Hours
- Tuesday – Saturday 10.00 – 17.30
- Except Wednesday 10.30 – 17.30
- Sunday and Bank Holidays: 12 noon – 17.30
- Monday, Good Friday, 24 – 26 December: Closed
- Last Admission 17.00
- Open Museum hours
Café [email protected]
- Monday 10.00 – 15.00
- Tuesday – Saturday : 10.00 – 17.00
- Sunday and Bank Holidays : 12 noon – 17.00
Irish Museum Of Modern Art In Dublin Directions
Buses to Heuston Station (5 minutes walk via Military Rd): 26 from Wellington Quay; 51, 79 from Aston Quay; 90 Dart Feeder Bus from Connolly and Tara Street Stations to Heuston Station.
Buses to James St (5 minutes walk via steps to Bow Lane onto Irwin St and Military Rd): 123 from O’Connell St/Dame St; 51B, 78A from Aston Quay.
10 minute drive from city centre. Unlimited free car parking.
Approximately 30 to 40 minutes from city centre.
5 minute walk from Heuston Station; from Connolly and Tara Street Stations by 90 bus to Heuston Station
Red line to Heuston Station, 5 minute walk to Museum entrance on Military Road.