To Join the Library
Membership is open to anyone living or working in the area. A simple application form can be filled out at the Library and a library card can be issued immediately.
Library membership is free to everyone. For adults, proof of identification is required, something which includes a photograph and something with your name and address, such as a driving licence, utility bill etc. A passport cannot be accepted at identification as it does not include your address.
The loan period is currently two weeks but this may be extended and you can renew your loans either by calling into the library or by accessing your account online. Children and adults are allowed up to four items on their card. If you do return a book late there is a small fine charged.
Children may, and are encouraged to, join the library at any age. Parents or guardians need to sign the membership forms and are responsible for any items borrowed on the card.
- Adults 18+ can join with two forms of identification.
- Adults 15 – 17 years need a guarantor to sign their application form and also provide one form of identification with the name and address of the guarantor.
- Young Adults 12 – 14 years need a parent/guardian present to sign the consent form for a Young Adult card.
· Children under 12 years of age need identification with the name and address of their parent/guardian.
· A Reference card for 18+ year olds can be obtained with photo identification. This is not a lending card but does allow access to the computers.
About your card:
- Remember to bring your Library card with you when you visit the Library.
- Library cards can be used in any of the Libraries in your county council area.
- If you do not have the card with you will be asked for some form of identification before you can borrow items.
- You must inform the library of any changes to your name, address or telephone details.
- It is not advised to lend your card to anyone else, as you are responsible for any items borrowed on it.
- Inform the library immediately if your card is lost or stolen.