Please mention Family Fun when booking!
King House Interpretive Galleries And Museum Roscommon
King House is a magnificently restored Georgian Mansion located in Boyle, County Roscommon. It was built in the early 1700’s for Sir Henry King, whose family were one of the most powerful and wealthy in Ireland.
Explore King House and delve into the dramatic episodes of its history with stories of a tragic Irish romance, runaway lovers, a duel of honour, a murder trial, and feats of bravery and hardship in war.
Today visitors can explore the house and enjoy a range of exhibitions that offer an enchanting view of Ireland’s heritage and culture. However you like your history, come to King House and you will definitely be looking forward to looking back…
King House is a magnificently restored Georgian Mansion built around 1730 by Sir Henry King whose family were one of the most powerful and wealthy in Ireland. The grand scale of the reception gallery, its original stone floor, tripartite windows and high vaulted ceiling portray the impression that the house was built as a symbol of the status and power of the King family. After its first life as a home, King House became a military barracks to the famous Connaught Rangers from 1788 until 1922. In more recent years King House has also been a barracks for the Irish Army. Even today there still remains an Army presence as the Reserve Defence Force are based in the West Wing of the House.
King House Visitor Facilities
King House is suitable for all ages and offers an excellent experience for everyone including coach tours, schools, colleges, historical societies, active retirement associations, etc.
- On-street coach parking is directly in front of the House.
- Free admission for group leader and driver.
- A tour of the House can be given by an experienced guide if required.
- King House and its grounds are fully wheelchair accessible.
- Visitors who may have difficulty getting around are also invited, with the aid of a companion, to use one of our transit wheelchairs.
- They have visitor guides available in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Coach and car parking is available adjacent to the House.
- The on-site restaurant offers a variety of delicious food & beverages.
- Gifts are available to purchase in the Úna Bhán craft shop.
- They also have a selection of King House merchandise from postcards to books which are available from reception.
If you require assistance in planning a tour itinerary to include other visitor attractions, just simply ask when booking your visit and the staff will be pleased to help.
Úna Bhán Tourism Co-operative runs a traditional craft shop in the courtyard of King House, showcasing locally produced crafts as well as operating an accommodation booking service.
Úna Bhán Tourism Co-operative Society
Telephone: 071 96 63033
Email: [email protected]
King House Opening Times
- 1st April – 30th September, daily 10.00 am – 6.00 pm.
- Last admissions at 5.00 pm.
Educational visits, pre-booked groups and tours are welcome all year round.
King House Admission
- Adults: €7.00
- OAP/Students: €5.00
- Children: €4.00
- Family: €18.00
- Group Adult: €5.00
- Group OAP/Student: €4.00
- Group Child: €3.00