For Adults : The National Bullying Conference will be at the Crowne Plaza Dublin Northwood Hotel and will play host to a number of exciting speakers on Bullying
Admission: ( pre booking advisable)
Unemployed/Student Fee (Please contact us for further information)
The event is being held at the Crowne Plaza Dublin Northwood Hotel – Part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group
M1 TOWARDS DUBLIN AIRPORT. TAKE 2ND SANTRY EXIT OFF MOTORWAY, LEFT AT ROUNDABOUT. AT LIGHTS TAKE RIGHT ON OLD ARPT ROAD. AT LIGHTS TAKE LEFT TO NORTHWOOD PARK. HOTEL 100 YARDS ON RIGHT.
BREAKING THE BULLYING NETWORK
Bullying is rampant in both schools and workplaces. The environments may be different but the devastation caused by bullying in each of them is exceedingly similar. It will continue to thrive if those who perpetrate bullying and those who act as co-conspirators are not appropriately and consistently challenged. There is a moral and legal responsibility on employers and school
Chairman – Matt Cooper / Broadcaster and Journalist
Some of the speakers include Jacinta M. Kitt, Leigh Arnold, Margaret Sweeney, Dr Tony Humphreys, Mona O’Moore
There will also be workshops held by Sue Corbet, Dr Brendan Byrne and The Dynamics of Bullying Dr. Mark HarroldThis conference will provide new insights into:
- Human Rights, Social Justice & Bullying
- The Psychology of Bullying
- Promoting and Valuing Individuality & Diversity for Bullying Prevention
- Organisational & Individual Strategies for Resolving bullying
- The expertise and experience of the panel of speakers and facilitators, will contribute to providing interesting, innovative, diverse and enlightened papers and workshops.
- At the end of day, participants will be able to:
- Recognise and identify the various dimensions of bullying
- in workplaces and schools.
- Assess the strengths and the areas for improvement in terms of bullying prevention and resolution in their organizations
- Analyse and evaluate the benefits of tackling bullying in workplaces and schools
- Formulate a set of effective individual and organizational strategies for dealing with bullying
The conference will be opened by Minister Batt O’ Keeffe T.D. Minister for Education
It will be chaired by TV and Radio presenter Matt Cooper.