Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Old Melifont Abbey Louth
The first Cistercian monastery in Ireland founded in 1142 by St Malachy of Armagh, its most unusual feature is the octagonal Lavabo c. 1200.
The Visitor Centre houses an interesting exhibition on the work of masons in the Middle Ages with fine xamples of their craft on display. Access to site by stone stairway.
May – September: Daily 10.00 – 18.00