Pet Expo 2011
Visitors to Pet Expo 2011 in the RDS, Dublin can expect to see many different animals of all shapes and sizes, a true pet lover’s paradise dedicated to promoting responsible ownership of pets.
Now established as the "must visit" family event for the Ireland’s growing pet-loving community, Pet Owners, families with pets or looking to adopt or select a family pet. Pet Expo will not only be lots of fun for all but will give lots of practical advice for all animal lovers.Go along and shop for bargains at the Barks & Spenders Shopping mall, meet the professionals inc. dog breeders, vets, dog groomers, dog trainers. Find out about pet adoption, meet the animals from Newbridge House and Farm, bring your dog and participate in one of our dog show.
Not Just Dogs but all types of family pets will be at the show, including cats, birds, horses, fish, reptiles and other small caged exotics,. All of these animals can be seen on-site during the show with plenty of interactivity.Bring your own dog…..! (Pets must have relevant vaccinations)
Pet Expo Responsibility
A strong theme behind Pet Expo is to promote responsible pet ownership and animal welfare. The retailers, breeders, associations and service providers at the show are there specifically to meet the visitors, promote themselves and answer any questions. Pet Expo events will accommodate the needs of pet owners and enhance the pleasure and companionship of family pets.
Show Features At Pet Expo
- Meet the animals – from the furry to the exotic at Pets Corner
- Meet the Pet Experts – full program every day – conducted by numerous pet experts
- Nutts about Mutts’ daily dog show
- Pets Corner – Meet the farm animals from the beautiful Newbridge House and Farm
- Royal Canin Cats World
- Equestrian Demonstration Ring – Beginners lessons, pony rides, horse display
- Doggie Fashion Show & Entertainment Stage – different breeds of dogs will be modelling the latest doggie clothing and accessories straight from the catwalks of “Pet Fashion Week” in New York
- ‘Ask the Vet’ & ‘Ask the Trainer’ clinics run throughout the event
- Meet TV3’s Vet – Pete Wedderburn
- Enjoy Pet Grooming Showcase – from ‘Mutt to Magnificent’ Ireland’s Professional Dog Groomers Association will showcase an interactive area and will let you pick up grooming techniques from the professionals
- Doggie Fashion Shows – multiple shows per day featuring the latest Pet couture
- Outdoor activity like Pony rides
- Wildlife Display
- Daily Dog Shows – with fantastic Dog Agility Displays and Dancing Dogs
- Dog Training Ireland, displays and demonstrations
- Pet Adoption Advice Take the opportunity to visit with various pets that are looking for new homes! Talk to the adoption specialist on site, and try to find the perfect pet for your lifestyle.
- Reptile World – snakes, iguanas and other (not so cuddly) reptiles presented by Ireland’s own reptile expert, James Hennessey.
- Small Furry Friends Corner – Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, and lots more
Whats New For Pet Expo 2011 Includes
- Dancing Dogs
- Dogs for the Disabled – demonstrations
- Outdoor Falconry Display and Birds of Prey
- Cat World
- Dog Breeders Village
- FREE for visitors this year: Dog Grooming displays and advice
Pet Expo 2011 Dates / Times
- Saturday 8 October 10.00 – 18.00
- Sunday 9 October 10.00 – 18.00
Pet Expo 2011 Admission
- Children under 3 are free.
- Children €6
- Adult – €10
- Family of two adults and two children under 14 – €30
- Senior Citizens – €6
Tickets will be available at the Door. They can accept Cash or Credit and Laser Cards at the door.
Direction To Pet Expo 2011 Rds Dublin
- From The City Centre :
There are a number of buses that stop outside the main entrance. (5,7,8 and 45)
- From Dublin Airport :
Take the Aircoach from outside Arrivals, which departs every 15 minutes, €7 single and €12 return ticket. Get off at the RDS, Ballsbridge.
- From Railway Stations :
Taxis are easily available from Heuston and Connolly stations and should take less than twenty minutes.
- By Dart :
You can also come by Dart to Sandymount Station that is less than five minutes walk away.
- Car Park