Pirate Adventure Park
Pirate Adventure Park and Westport House in Mayo has become one of Ireland’s best loved attractions and has won many rewards. They have a variety of attractions and things to do to excite the whole family. Set on the 480 acre estate, the Pirate Adventure Park is a treasure trove of family fun with its Grace O’Malley-themed amusement park with rides and activities ideally suited to families with children under 12.
Find Out More About the Adventure Activities At Westport House & Pirate Adventure Park.
Pirate Adventure Park Activities
The Cannon Ball Run Slide
Still known to many as the Slippery Dip, this 30 foot semi-covered slide appeals to all ages! It’s advisable for children to have their arms and legs covered. Children under 3 years must be accompanied by an adult.
The Pirate Queen Swinging Ship
Not for the faint of heart, the Pirate Queen will test your head for heights – and your stomach. All persons under 6 years and under 1 meter in height must be accompanied with an adult.
Pirates Plunge Log Flume Ride
A Pirate Adventure ark favourite, the Pirates Plunge is a splash-tastic log flume water ride that guarantees to entertain. You are likely to get WET when using this ride so you might like to bring along a rain jacket/wet weather gear. It has been heard that some children do it 25 times in one day!
The Pirate’s Den
A soft play area provides a great indoor activity for younger kids.There is a babies area (for those under 2 years) and a climbing frame for children up to 1.2 meters. Serving teas, coffees & refreshments, adults get a well-earned break while the kids explore. All persons under 2 years must be accompanied with an adult in the babies area.
The Pirates Den is available for private hire outside of high season for birthday parties.
Pitch and Putt
The Pitch and Putt course provides a scenic spot to test your amateur golfing skills. The whole family can enjoy this activity, groups can wile away an afternoon or compete to win.
Set adjacent to Gracy’s Bar & Cafe, The Pirates Playground offers a slide, climbing frames and rockers to entertain.
Paint Your Own Pottery
A wonderful indoor activity taking place in the basement of Westport House, you can paint your own pottery in high season and take away a lovely momento of your visit. Its the ideal activity for families, birthday celebrations or girls day out.
The Swan Pedaloe Boats
Take the family out on beautiful Westport House lake on our 8 foot high Swan Pedaloe boats and enjoy the views of Westport House, the Park, Croagh Patrick and Clew Bay. The swans are pedal propelled so its a fun way to get a little work out.
Kids Parties In The Pirates Den
Take over the Pirates Den indoor soft play area for your Private Birthday Party – invite up to 30 of your closest friends. Food can be arranged. You can add face painting or balloon animals to the entertainment.
A Pirates Dan party will be one to remember!
Pirate Adventure Park Opening Times
- January & February – Closed To Public
- March – March 31st for Easter mid-term break from 11:00am – 6:00pm.
- April – Open daily from 11:00am – 6:00pm until April 15th . Closed for rest of month.
- May – Open May Bank Holiday weekend (5th, 6th & 7th) from 11:00am to 6:00pm and Sundays for the remainder of the month from 11:00am – 6:00pm.
- June – Open daily from June 1st from 10:00am – 3:00pm on weekdays and 11:00am – 6:00pm at weekends (including Bank Holiday Monday, June 4th).
- July and August – Open daily from 10:00am – 6:00pm.
- September – Park Closed
- October and December – Closed except for October mid-term break: Halloween Fest all mid-term break long, open daily from October 27th – November 4th from 11:00am – 6:00pm.Don’t miss our Halloween Fireworks Extravaganza on October 28th at 7:00pm
Winter Wonderland starts November 24th and runs weekends and select days through to Christmas Eve – Pirate Adventure Park closed except for the Westport House Express Train.
Admission Pirate Adventure Park and Westport House
- Adult €20
- Child €16.50
- Senior & Student €18.00
- One Day Family Ticket- 2 adults + 2 children €59
- One Day Family Ticket for 2 adults & 4 children €75
Please mention Familyfun.ie when Booking
Booking Online:- Buy Online for 10% discount
- Booking Online:- You can book on line here through our booking link directly to Pirate Adventure Park and Westport House- see ‘Book Now’ above.
- Booking by phone – 098 27766
- Group booking by phone – 098 27766
- Booking Online:- Booking Fee May Apply