Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Ireland’s Highest Waterfall
Visit Powerscourt Waterfall, the highest waterfall in Ireland at 121m (398ft.). The waterfall is set at the foothills of the Wicklow Mountains, 5km from Powerscourt House And Gardens. Be drawn in by the sound of the water and relax as you stroll around the grounds with your family and friends. There is a vast amount of space to keep children entertained. There is also a refreshment kiosk, toilets and a playground for younger children.
As you drive from the gate lodge towards the Waterfall you are surrounded by Beech, Oak, Larch and Pine trees, some of which were planted over 200 years ago. Look out for the Giant Redwood or Sequoia trees which are native to California and were planted at Powerscourt sometime after 1860. In their native land they may grow up to 80m high and live for 4,000 years, the trees at Powerscourt are still youngsters!
Wildlife at Powerscourt
The waterfall is a haven for wildlife and children will have fun trying to spot some of the locals – the Chaffinch, Cuckoo, Raven and the Willow Warbler. Some other inhabitants are the Sika Deer which were introduced to Ireland in 1858 and there may be a red squirrel or two. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture some pictures to bring home!
Waterfall Picnic Area
Facilities at the Waterfall
Powerscourt Waterfall Opening Times
- Jan/Feb/Nov/Dec 10.30am – 4.00pm
- Mar/Apr/Sept/Oct 10.30am – 5.30pm
- May/Jun/July/Aug 9.30am – 7.00pm
- Closed 2 weeks prior to Christmas
Waterfall Entrance Fees And Family Admission
- Adults €6
- Student/OAP €5.50
- Child (U12) €3.50
- Child (U2) Free
- Annual passes allow unlimited entry to Powerscourt Waterfall, Powerscourt House and Gardens and River Walk during normal opening hours.
- Members can also enjoy exclusive access to Powerscourt River Walk featuring 3 km of tranquil pathways and secret woodland trails. The River Walk’s main pathway was laid in 1868 by the Viscount of Powerscourt so that his family could enjoy the serenity of the River Dargle.
- Powerscourt is a place of beauty and discovery which will appeal to everyone in different ways. From a romantic stroll through the gardens, a family walk to the pepper pot tower and pet cemetery or a catch up over tea and cake at the Terrace Café, Powerscourt is your place to relax.
- Individual membership costs €95.00 and family membership costs €160.00 for two adults and up to four children. To purchase your Powerscourt annual pass online or by calling into the reception at Powerscourt House.
Directions To Powerscourt Waterfall, Wicklow
Powerscourt Waterfall is located just 35 minutes south of Dublin City Centre, and there are many transportation options available to reach them.
- Travelling by Car:- Direction from Dublin City Centre/M50Travelling by Car:
Take the N11 southbound (Wexford). At approximately 19km , take exit for Bray south, Enniskerry, Powerscourt Gardens. Turn left at roundabout, over flyover and rejoin N11 heading north. Take first left for Enniskerry Village (exit 6a). Continue along road to Enniskerry Village. Take the road to the left of the clock tower, in the village square, continue up steep hill for 600m. Powerscourt entrance is on the right hand side opposite church entrance, pass this and follow the signs for about 3km to the Waterfall .