Samhain Halloween 2018
Samhain Halloween Event in the Marlay Park will be a Free fright fest of spooky thrills and chills at the Samhain Halloween Haunted Forest Walk hosted by DLR Events.
Visit to Marlay Park to discover the spooktacular Haunted Forest made bigger and better with the haunted woods are not for the faint hearted with spooky characters, scary noises, the eerie fog and strange sights to behold! . You’ll be led along a woodland walkway lit by festoons, where you will find plenty of thrilling treats and surprises that will be alive, for one night only with freaky fog, ghastly spiders and dragons , creepy eyeballs and pumpkins, spine chilling skeletons and menacing witches and wizards.
You have been warned that ghouls and goblins like The Gate Keeper, The Witches of the Woods, The Phantom Tailors and The Banshee will all make an appearance. Remember these creatures of the night practice dark magic and can take many forms. Take care not to get too close!
Children of all ages are welcome to partake in the festivities with ghosts, ghouls and games galore!
Festoon lighting, sound effects and smoke will all add to the scare factor and the haunted forest will stay open until 8.30pm. The haunted woods are not for the faint-hearted with all the big spooky characters, scary noises and eerie fog!
The walk is approx 1.7 km long on a path suitable for buggies/wheelchairs.
The observance of Halloween, which dates from the dark ages, has long been associated with thoughts of witches, ghosts, devils and hobgoblins. Over the years, the customs and rituals associated with Halloween have changed dramatically. Today, many of the young and “young-at-heart” take a more light-hearted approach and the colourful festival has become family-oriented celebration.
Samhain Halloween Wristbands:
If you are planning to collect wristbands at the Cricket Pitch in Marlay Park for Samhain this Saturday October 6th from 2pm please remember:
- There will be no queuing facilities available before 2pm.
- Wristbands will be available while stocks last on a strictly first come first served basis, limited to six per family.
- Half of the available supply will be distributed on Saturday.
- Parking for wristband collection is in the College Road Car Park of Marlay Park only.
- Please do not park on Grange Road, in local estates or roads surrounding Marlay Park.
- The location of the Cricket Pitch in Marlay Park and access to it is shown on the map here
Entry by Wristband Only – available free
- WRISTBANDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
- There are no activities inside the house; the haunted forest is an outdoor event – please dress appropriately.
- The Marlay Park coffee shop will be open late for the event there will be some other goodies available to buy on the night to keep the chill away
- Remember there will be no Fireworks display at this event.
Venue:- Marlay Park
Admission: – Free Family Event – entry by wristband only
Classification :- Family Halloween Haunted Forest Walk / All Ages
Dates / Time – October 28th 2018
- As a crowd control measure at this year’s event they are introducing a wristband system that will give you entry at 3.30pm, 4pm, 4.30pm, 5pm, 5.30pm, 6pm, 6.30pm, 7pm, 7.30pm, and 8pm (Entry Times will be printed on the wristbands)
- Regrettably they cannot facilitate any reservations or pre-booking – wristbands can only be obtained by collection in person” in the WRISTBANDS section.
- Wristbands will be available while stocks last on a strictly first come, first served basis, limited to six per family
- The Haunted Forest Walk will be open between 3.30pm and 8.30pm and Entry is FREE & by WRISTBAND ONLY
Please note there is NO FIREWORKS DISPLAY for this event!
Parking for the event in the College Road Free Car Park is very limited so please walk, cycle or use Public Transport to get to the event.
- Please do not park on the roads or in local estates.
- Please stay on lit routes at all times after dark and follow the instructions of the stewards.
- dlr Events recommends you use public transport, cycle or walk to the event.
- Walking is approx. 1.7km on all tarmac path, suitable for buggies and wheelchairs
- Please note that the Grange Road Car Park will be closed from 2pm on Sunday 28th October..
Dublin Bus Route
The following Dublin Bus route serves stops near to Marlay Park:
- 16 – from / to Dublin Airport / Ballinteer (Kingston)
Routes serving Broadford Rd, Stonemasons Way (10 mins walk):
- 14 – from/ to Beaumont Ardlea Road / Dundrum Luas Stop
- 75 – from / to Tallaght / Dun Laoghaire
Routes serving Ballyboden Rd / Ballyboden Crescent (approx. 10 mins walk to Marlay Park):
- 61 – from / to Eden Quay to Dundrum / Whitechurch
- 15B – from / to Grand Canal Dock / Stocking Avenue
Please check www.dublinbus.ie to confirm current details of routes, timetables and fares.
GoAhead route 175 from UCD to Citywest connects with the LUAS at Dundrum and stops on Grange Road outside Marlay Park.
Please check www.go-aheaddublin.ie to confirm current details of the route, timetable and fares.