Dates:From Saturday, 1st of December 2018 to Friday, 21st of December 2018
Venue:Waterford & Suir Valley Railway
Address:Kilmeadan Station, Kilmeadan, Co Waterford
Please mention Family Fun when booking!
The Santa Express in Waterford and Suir Valley Railway 2018
Christmas is a very special time with The Santa Express at Waterford & Suir Valley Railway as Santa comes back to visits Kilmeadan Station!
When you arrive at Kilmeadan Station you’ll board The Santa Express, the conductor will check your train tickets and, give you red blankets to keep you nice and cosy on the festive journey singing along to Christmas music!
The train journey lasts about 25 minutes
When everyone is safely on board, the train will set off on an exciting journey through the countryside along the banks of the River Suir and into the Magical Wood where you’ll meet Mrs Claus and other Christmas friends where Mrs Claus will give all children magic dust to sprinkle on the lawn on Christmas night
You then return to the station and go through the Carriage shop to visit Santa in his cosy cottage outside the carriage with your family. All children will have the chance to talk to Santa and if your on your best behavior will get a special gift from him
Photos are optional at €6.00, but your welcome to bring your own camera
To entertain you at the station before or after your trip you can meet the Mayfield Birds of Prey, they’ve have beautiful barn owls – Boo, Bobbins, Muffin, Peanut and Hiccup – or you could meet Izzy the Bengal Eagle Owl or a magnificent Harris Hawk
Hot chocolate, tea, coffee and snacks will be available in the Carriage shop and at Mrs Claus’s Hot Chocolate stand!
The Santa Express Event Information:
- Saturday 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd December
- Sunday 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd December
- Wednesday 12th December
- Friday 21st December
10.30am, 11am, 11.50am, 12.30pm, 1.10pm, 1.50pm
Duration: Train Journey lasts approximately 25mins
- Adult €8
- Child €16
- Babies (under 12 months) FREE
*Photos are optional at €6.00 but you are welcome to bring your own camera
Booking: All tickets must be booked and paid for in advance – please call 051 384058 to check availability
*Online Booking is unavailable
Family Fun Tip:- There are no Family tickets
Directions To Santa Express at Kilmeadan Station
- Kilmeadan Station is 10km from Waterford City
- Take N25 towards Cork
- At Carrick Road Roundabout take last exit on to R680
- From Cork direction at Carrick Road Roundabout turn left on to R680
- Kilmeadan Station is on the left
- From Dublin direction, on the approach roundabout to Waterford City follow the N25 towards Cork, this brings you through the River Suir Toll Bridge (€1.80)
- Continue to Carrick Road roundabout, take last exit on to R680
- Kilmeadan Station is on the left.