Lapland At Glendeer Farm
Glendeer Farm in Athlone is transformed into Irelands Lapland for the month of December and all the facilities are undercover. Its not everyday that you arrive at a farm decorated with thousands of twinkling lights, meet Santa and meet his live deer Dancer and Prancer or see a crib with live cow and donkey, snow scenes, and Santa's workshop just to name a few. There might even be some snow falling so wrap up warm when you visit Ireland's Lapland at Glendeer Pet Farm.
There are Christmas themed cabins with scenes like ‘ The Night Before Christmas’, an animated snow scene,Santa’s Workshop & a real ‘Winter Wonderland’ where the kids can run around as the snowflakes fall down around them. A variety of animals await your arrival also, including the cheeky monkeys George & Gina.
See the ostrich from Africa, Vietnamese pot belly pigs, deer, goats, emu, donkies, rabbits, pupies and lots more animals and birds, meet and greet all the visitors while yoletide music confirms the event of Christmas.
Ireland's Lapland has something for everyone, young and old alike. The children get a little bag of food to feed the animals as they make their way over to see Santa, have a chat with him and receive a gift. Take along your own camera to remember your visit to Santa.
Glendeer Farm is an Irish tourist board approved pet farm located in the heart of Ireland. Located 2 miles off the main Dublin to Galway route, West of Athlone, in the centre of Ireland. The Pet Farm opened its gates to the public in April 1991 with over 50 species of animals and birds. Since the pet farm opened it has been featured on numerous TV programmes and has won several awards.
Venue:- Glendeer Pet Farm, Athlone
Classification :- Family Christmas Event 2012 / All Ages
- 1 December everyday until 23 December 2012
- Special guest Santa arrives by sleigh on Saturday 1 December at 17.00
- Monday-Friday: 16.00 - 19.00
- Saturday-Sunday: 15.00 - 19.00
- Adults €8
- Children €16 (includes visit to Santa and gift)
- Special rates for groups of 20 and over, catered for by appointment during the day. Contact them on 090 6437147
- There is no need to pre-book tickets, they can be purchased on arrival
- There are no credit/debit card facilities available at the venue
Family Fun Tip:-
- It is a queuing sytem for Santa, but it moves quite quickly and children can feed the animals while they wait. No one will be turned away!
- Don't forget to wrap up warm because you never know it just might 'snow'
- Coffee Shop
- 50 species of animals & birds
- Children's playground
- Pets Corner
- Indoor and outdoor picnic area
- Nature walk
- Toilets & Baby Changing
- Souvenir shop
- Ample coach and car parking
- Wheelchair Accessible
To Find Out More About Glendeer Pet Farm Events