Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Lapland At Glendeer Farm 2015
Visit Santa and his real live deer Dancer & Prancer at Ireland’s Lapland, Glendeer Pet Farm
Christmas time is a special time on Glendeer Farm in Athlone. The team at Glendeer Pet Farm transform the whole place into Ireland’s Lapland where you can visit Santa and his real live deer Dancer & Prancer.
Its not everyday that you arrive at a farm decorated with thousands of twinkling lights, meet Santa and meet his deer Dancer and Prancer or see a crib with live cow and donkey, snow scenes, and Santa’s workshop just to name a few. There might even be some snow falling so wrap up warm when you visit Ireland’s Lapland at Glendeer Pet Farm which is located just outside Athlone off the M6 (Tuam/Monksland Exit 13, follow Drum signs).
Ireland’s Lapland has something for everyone, young and old alike. The children get a little bag of food to feed the animals as they make their way over to see Santa, have a chat with him and receive a gift. Take along your own camera to remember your visit to Santa.
NEW this year is the indoor soft play toddler area and follow the trail through the Winter Wonderland to the new secret sand pit.
A variety of animals await your arrival, ostrich from Africa, Vietnamese pot belly pigs, deer, goats, emu, donkies, rabbits, pupies and lots more animals and birds, meet and greet all the visitors while yoletide music confirms the event of Christmas.
The smaller animals that love to be cuddled and petted, like our rabbits, puppies and kittens. These are a favourite amongst the little visitors and keep them busy while they queue up to see Santa.
Glendeer Farm is an Irish tourist board approved pet farm located in the heart of Ireland. Located 2 miles off the main Dublin to Galway route, West of Athlone, in the centre of Ireland. Since the pet farm opened it has been featured on numerous TV programmes and has won several awards. The Primary Times Readers Choice Award.
Venue:- Glendeer Pet Farm, Athlone
- 28 November everyday until 23 December
- Special guest Santa arrives by sleigh on Saturday 28 November at 17.00
- Monday-Friday: 16.00 – 19.00
- Saturday-Sunday: 15.00 – 19.00
- Adults €8
- Children €16 (includes visit to Santa and gift)
- Special rates for groups of 20 and over, catered for by appointment during the day. Contact them on 090 6437147
- There is no need to pre-book tickets, they can be purchased on arrival
- There are no credit/debit card facilities available at the venue
Family Fun Tip:-
- It is a queuing sytem for Santa, but it moves quite quickly and children can feed the animals while they wait. No one will be turned away!
- Don’t forget to wrap up warm because you never know it just might ‘snow’
- Don’t forget to bring along a camera so you can take plenty of memorable pictures of your lapland experience.
- Coffee Shop
- 50 species of animals & birds
- Children’s playground
- Pets Corner
- Indoor and outdoor picnic area
- Nature walk
- Toilets & Baby Changing
- Souvenir shop
- Ample coach and car parking
- Wheelchair Accessible
To Find Out More About Glendeer Pet Farm Events
The team at Ierland’s Lapland in Glendeer Pet Farm would like to wish you and your family a Happy Christmas