Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Lapland At Glendeer Farm 2017
Visit Santa and his real live deer Dancer & Prancer at Ireland’s Lapland, on Glendeer Pet Farm
Christmas time is a special time on Glendeer Farm in Athlone. The team at Glendeer Pet Farm transform the whole place into Ireland’s Lapland where you can visit Santa and his real live deer Dancer & Prancer.
It’s not everyday that you arrive at a farm decorated with thousands of twinkling lights, meet Santa and meet his deer Dancer and Prancer or see a crib with live cow and donkey, snow scenes, and Santa’s workshop just to name a few. There might even be some snow falling but no need to worry as all facilities are undercover when you visit Ireland’s Lapland at Glendeer Pet Farm which is located just outside Athlone off the M6 (Tuam/Monksland Exit 13, follow Drum signs).
Ireland’s Lapland has something for everyone, young and old alike. The children get a little bag of food to feed the animals as they make their way over to see Santa, have a chat with him and receive a gift. Take along your own camera to remember your visit to Santa.
Adults can treat themselves to fresh coffee/cappucino & homemade snacks in the warm surroundings of the cosy coffee shop.
Entertain the toddlers in the indoor soft play area and follow the trail through the Winter Wonderland to the new secret sand pit.
A variety of animals await your arrival, ostrich from Africa, Vietnamese pot belly pigs, deer, goats, emu, donkies, rabbits, pupies and lots more animals and birds, meet and greet all the visitors while yoletide music confirms the event of Christmas.
The smaller animals that love to be cuddled and petted, like the rabbits, puppies and kittens. These are a favourite among the little visitors and keep them busy while they queue up to see Santa.
Glendeer Farm is an Irish tourist board approved pet farm located in the heart of Ireland. Located 2 miles off the main Dublin to Galway route, West of Athlone, in the centre of Ireland. Since the pet farm opened it has been featured on numerous TV programmes and has won several awards. The Primary Times Readers Choice Award.
Venue:- Glendeer Pet Farm, Athlone
Classification :- Family Christmas Event / All Ages
- 3 December, everyday until 23 December
- Special guest Santa arrives by sleigh on Saturday 2nd December at 17.00
- Monday-Friday: 16.00 – 19.00
- Saturday-Sunday: 12.00 – 19.00
- Adults €8
- Children €16 (includes visit to Santa and gift)
- Babies under 18 months are free unless they want a gift from Santa then it is €8.
- Special rates for groups of 20 and over, catered for by appointment during the day. Contact them on 090 6437147
Booking Online:- You can book online here through our booking link directly to Lapland At Glendeer Farm ticket sales.
Family Fun Tip:-
- It is a queuing system for Santa, but it moves quite quickly and children can feed the animals while they wait. No one will be turned away!
- Has all facilities undercover
- Don’t forget to bring along a camera so you can take plenty of memorable pictures of your Lapland experience.
- Coffee Shop
- 50 species of animals & birds
- Children’s playground
- Pets Corner
- Indoor and outdoor picnic area
- Nature walk
- Toilets & Baby Changing
- Souvenir shop
- Ample coach and car parking
- Wheelchair Accessible
To Find Out More About Glendeer Pet Farm Events
The team at Ireland’s Lapland in Glendeer Pet Farm would like to wish you and your family a Happy Christmas
Lapland At Glendeer Farm