Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Dundrum On Ice Christmas Ice Skating 2016
Dundrums first ever Ice Rink, Dundrum On Ice and Dublin’s only real ice rink is now open in Pembroke Square in Dundrum Shopping Centre. Get your skates on and enjoy this freezing but fabulous experience for yourself!
The Dundrum On Ice will be open from 27 October – 15 January
Family Fun Tip :- Don’t forget to wear thick socks and a pair of gloves! and please ensure that your boots are tight with the laces securly fastened .. Avoid going for a bigger size than you normally wear.
Ice Skating At Dundrum On Ice
The main rink at Dundrum on Ice consists of 500m2 of ice. They have a great sound system and a super light show to enhance the experience. This is a large rink but don’t be worried if you haven’t skated before as there is a handrail right around and many visitors choose to not let go (at least for the first few minutes!) They have an experienced team on hand that will only be too pleased to offer assistance and advice.
Sessions last for 50 minutes and you should arrive at least 20 minutes before your session starts. It’s a good idea to wear gloves, usually have them available at the venue, but bring your own just in case. Wear thick socks and bring an extra pair just in case. Skating is like cycling, you’re safer wearing a helmet and they will have them available at the venue but feel free to bring your own.
The first three sessions each day are family focused sessions where the staff will provide assistance and they have the skating penguins on the ice! Due to space restrictions they are unable to have a seperate kiddies rink. However they have got great skatings aids for kids and skates for all ages.
Times For Skating
- Dundrum on Ice is open 7 days per week
- Monday – Friday:- 15.00 – 16.00 – 17.00 – 18.00 – 19.00 – 20.00
- Weekends and Holidays:-10.00, 11.00, 12.00, 13.00, 14.00, 15.00, 16.00, 17.00, 18.00
Sessions last for 45 minutes and you should arrive at least 20 minutes before your session starts
Cost For Ice Skating
- Pre launch only €8 (Online Booking in October and November)
- Adult:- Peak €14.00, Off Peak €12.00
- Child:- Peak €13.00, Off Peak €11.00
- Family of 3 :- Peak €40.00, Off Peak €30.00
- Family of 4 :- Peak €48.00, Off Peak €38.00
- Special Schools discount available only €8 per pupil. Please contact us on (01) 524 2101 for more information.
Booking Dundrum On Ice
Now Booking Online :– Dundrum On Ice Online Booking
Tickets can be purchased at the Venue, during opening hours between 3pm -9pm Monday -Friday. 10:30am – 9:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.
At the ticket desk at customer service Dundrum Town Centre which is on Level 2 and is open mid-November, between 11:00am and 8:00pm daily
Alternatively, just turn up 20 minutes early and buy your tickets at our box office, (Be on time to avoid disapointment)
For the ideal stocking filler they have Anytime gift vouchers are now available to purchase.
They accept Laser, Visa and MasterCard.
School Skate At Dundrum On Ice
Fantastic Special Offer for Primary,Junior & Secondary school groups. Offer applies to Primary, Junior & Secondary schools. A one hour skate session including tuition & help from our Penguins for just €8 per pupil (accompanying teachers skate for free).
The school sessions are available from 1 November – 5th January – Monday to Friday at 10:00am 11:00am 12:00noon 13:00pm 14:00pm These sessions are private school bookings.
Maximum group size is 140 pupils. The €8 per pupil includes the skate hire and there is no charge for the penguins
Sessions must be pre-booked through the booking desk,and are subject to availability. Please contact us on (01) 524 2101 to make your booking.
Your Birthday Party At Dundrum On Ice
Why not make it a birthday to remember and take a trip to Dundrum on Ice the ultimate Birthday Party venue. They will be happy to help reserve tables for your group with one of the neigbouring restaurants.
Directions To Dundrum On Ice
- M50:- Leave the M50 at junction 13 and follow the sign posts to Dundrum Shopping Centre
- Dublin City:- Follow the N11 to the junction with Fosters Avenue. Turn right and follow R112 until the junction with Taney Road. Turn Left and make another left at the first traffic signals onto the R117 and follow the road into Dundrum.
- Parking:- Parking may be accessed from Ballinteer Rd., Sandyford Rd., and the Dundrum Bypass. To make your parking experience more efficient, they have installed digital signs on each level to indicate exactly how many parking spaces are available
- Dundrum Town Centre is served by LUAS Green Line-St. Stephens Green to Brides Glen. The Dundrum and Balally stops are only a few minutes walk from the doorstep.From the Dundrum Station (estimated time: 5 minutes)
- Exit the station and turn right—you will see Sandyford Road ahead. Make a left onto Sandyford Road and continue down the road until you see Dundrum Town Centre. The entrance to the Centre is just across the street.From the Balally Station (estimated time: 3 minutes)
- Exit the station and make a left at the first junction. Continue down this road until you reach the first stoplight. Make a right and follow the footpath. Dundrum is only a few more steps ahead.
- Tram Times and Information:-
- Monday to Friday from 05.30 to 00.30am
Saturday from 06.30 to 00.30am
Sunday from 07.00 to 23.30
Bank Holidays from 07.00 to 00.30am
Special services operate during the Christmas season, New Year and on other occasions.
During peak travel times 07.00 to 10.00 and 16.00 to 21.00 LUAS trams operate every 4/ 5 minutes between St. Stephens Green and Sandyford and every 10/12 minutes to Brides Glen. Off peak trams will run every 10 to15 minutes.