Bog Of Allen Nature Centre 2012
The Bog of Allen Nature Centre in Kildare is run by the Irish Peatland Cosnervation CouncilL (IPCC). A charity, their aim is to conserve a representative portion of Irish peatlands for future generartions to enjoy. To date there are 250,000 ha of peatlands conserved in Ireland and this represents 50% of all of Europe’s peatlands.
On visiting the Bog of Allen Nature Centre explore the wild boglands of Ireland. Experience life in 1960’s Ireland in our traditional Irish cottage interior and follow the self guiding tour of the exhibitions to learn about all aspects of Irish bogs. Guides available in six languages. Complete your indoor visit with a browse through our nature shop filled environmentally friendly gifts and for family and friends.
Continue your tour of the centre outdoors in our wildlife gardens and visit our live exhibition of insect eating plants. Collect IPCC’s top ten wildlife gardening tips along the way and finish your tour by visiting nearby nature reserves in the Bog of Allen
To Find Out More About The Bog Of Allen Kildare
Family Fun Tips:-
- All camps run between 10.00 -13.00 and are suitable for children aged 7-13 years (younger children can attend when accompanied by an older sibling or have completed the first year of primary school).
- Children should wear old clothes and strong footwear such as wellies and bring a snack pack.
- Activities are held both outside and indoors.
- During the summer the Family Fun team advises children to bring sun cream and a hat when attending a camp.
Bog Of Allen Opening Times And Admission
- Monday – Friday 10.00 – 16.00 (except public holidays)
- Weekends by appointment only
- Children free
- Adults €5
Bog Of Allen Nature Summer Camp
Go wild with nature summer camp at the Bog of Allen Nature Centre
Activities supervised by experienced tutors to include:
- Nature crafts, dream catchers, bridget cross, harvest knots
- Wonders of Nature Earthwalk: smell, look, feel, paint and dream
- Woodland Creepy Crawlie Quest and Nature Diary
- Flytraps House: insect eating plants
- Pond Dipping and Froggy Crafts
- Bog Trip
- Last Day Party
Dates / Time :- Monday 9– Friday 13 Augest / 10.00 – 13.00
Admission: – €50
Familyfun Tip:- Book early, bring a snack pack, rain coat and outdoor shoes. This camp is good value
Booking :- Booking necessary, limited places. 10% discount for second and subsequent siblings. Please contact the Bog of Allen Nature Centre
Directions To Bog Of Allen Nature Centre
From N4 Dublin via the Galway Road
From the South
Turn off the N7 in Monasterevin following the R414 to Rathangan. In Rathangan continue on the R414 (Allenwood road) to Lullymore. We are approximately 5km from Rathangan on the left hand side of the road after Lullymore Heritage Park