Cliffs of Moher Competition
Win a Family Pass (which covers 2 adults and 2 children) for a visit to the Cliffs of Moher plus a voucher to the Cliffs View Café worth €25.
Cliffs of Moher
The Cliffs of Moher is Ireland’s most visited natural attraction with a magical vista that captures the hearts of up to 1 million visitors each year. From the cliffs, one can see the Aran Islands, Galway Bay, The Twelve Bens, the Maam Turk Mountains in Connemara and Loop Head to the south. O’Brien’s Tower, another of Ireland’s most-photographed landmarks, guards one prominent headland of these majestic cliffs.
Hidden discretely into the hillside you will find the award winning eco- friendly Visitor Centre. This dome shaped underground space, houses the visitor facilities including Cafés, Souvenir shops and first -aid facilities. Here you can also experience the Cliffs Exhibition which brings to life the story of the Cliffs presenting the geology, wildlife and human aspects of this unique location in an exciting and interactive way.
Experience ‘Postcards from the Edge’ and share a short video clip by email with family and friends and the children will love the Puffin Play area. There is a Free Audio Guide App for Android and Apple devices and free customer Wi-Fi.
Find out more information about The Cliffs of Moher
Birds at The Cliffs of Moher
The Cliffs of Moher are home to one of the major colonies of cliff nesting seabirds in Ireland. Over 30,000 pairs of seabirds can be found here during the nesting season from April to July and it is possible to view over 20 species of birds in the area.
Chough, Peregrine Falcon, Fulmar and Ravens can be seen all year round. From late February a variety of seabirds such as Guillemot, Razorbill, great black backed Gulls and shag begin to return to the Cliffs of Moher from their wintering grounds to prepare for the nesting season. The Atlantic Puffin, a real favourite, do not arrive at the Cliffs until ‘ Late March’ . Gannets do not nest at the Cliffs of Moher but can be seen fishing here having flown long distances to do so.
How To Enter The Cliffs of Moher Competition – Competition Over
To be in with a chance of winning, simply answer the following question and complete the tie break below along with your details. Please fill in all the required fields and then just click ‘Send’ (No personal contact details will be disclosed to other parties).
When does the The Atlantic Puffin arrive at The Cliffs of Moher ?
The closing date is Friday 14 August, after this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted. The winner will be randomly selected and contacted by email and / or phone/ text. The winners name will also appear on the competition page of the Familyun.ie website and/or the Family Fun Facebook page.
Terms And Conditions:-
All competitions are free to enter and everyone has an equal chance of winning. All entries to our competitions will be subscribed to our newsletter.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition
- Closing date for entry is Thursday 13 August. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is non-transferable.
- Prizes are subject to availability and Cliffs of Moher reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 2 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 3 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Family Ticket:- 2 adults and 4 children, aged 3 -15
- All entries to Familyfun.ie competitions will also be subscribed to the familyfun.ie newsletter.
- Information will NOT be passed on to third parties
The Competition Winners
Winning Family – The Dineen Family from Co. Kerry