Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Glendeer Pet Farm
Glendeer Pet Farm is an Irish tourist board approved pet farm located in Athlone the heart of Ireland. Just 4 km off the main Dublin to Galway route, West of Athlone.
Looking to entertain the kids why not get up close and personal with nature and enjoy a visit to Glendeer Pet Farm. You are guaranteed a fun, family day out…it really is animal interaction at its’ best!
Glendeer is conveniently located just 8kms west of Athlone, exit 13 off M6 & follow signs for Drum. There is something for every age with amenities for young and old, including the double obstacle course, maze and zipwire for the older kids and the soft play toddler area and sand barn with diggers for the smaller ones.
A visit to Glendeer Pet Farm is an interactive experience where people can feed, pet & hold some of the animals, which include deer, pigs, llamas, alpaca, emu, goats, donkeys, sheep, monkeys & a raccoon, not to mention all the baby animals such as kid goats, lambs, emu chicks and the favorite for most, the very cute little puppies.
You will be amazed at how friendly all of the animals are as the wander up to you looking for food. Each child will get a bag of food to feed the animals as you make your way around the twelve acre farm. Why not make a day of it and bring a picnic along to enjoy in our indoor or outdoor picnic areas.
There is also a lovely secluded Fairy Trail adjacent to the old farm yard & cottage, which is a nice relaxing walk, but make sure to keep your eyes open for fairies as they have moved in and can sometimes be seen fluttering around.
Glendeer is suitable for any weather as not only is there the indoor play areas but there is a large section of the animals that are also undercover so don’t let the rain put you off.
A visit to Glendeer Pet Farm won’t disappoint, not only will you enjoy getting up close with the friendly animals and maybe see a fairy, but with all the other excitement to be had at the farm, you will find it hard to get away.
The Glendeer Pet Farm opened its gates to the public in April 1991 with over 50 species of animals and birds. Since the pet farm opened it has been featured on numerous TV programmes and has won several awards.
At Glendeer Open Farm your family will have a time to remember.
Glendeer Pet Farm Opening Times
Open every day from St. Patrick’s day until the end Sept: Mon – Sat 11am to 6pm & Sun 12pm to 6pm.
Glendeer Pet Farm Admission
- Adults €9
- Children €9 (under 18 months are free),
- Family rates available for families of 5 or more.
- Season tickets also available at €40 per adult and €40 per child, valid for unlimited visits until Sept 30th
Glendeer Pet Farm Facilities Include
- Coffee Shop
- 50 species of animals & birds
- Children’s playground
- Pets Corner
- Indoor and outdoor picnic area
- 1850’s restored cottage
- Nature walk
- Toilets & Baby Changing
- Souvenir shop
- Ample coach and car parking
- Wheelchair Accessible
Glendeer Pet Farm Birthday Parties
Glendeer Open Pet Farm is the ideal location for your birthday party or any other special event such as Communions or Confirmations.
They provide a safe and entertaining environment for which to hold your party.
Glendeer Pet Farm Events
- Easter Fun At Glendeer Farm
Enjoy the fun and frolics of Glendeer Easter Egg Hunts. Join in the mad, hurried dash to see who will collect the most eggs because if you don’t the greedy animals will gobble them all up. There will be separate egg hunts for the under 4 year old.
Date / Times Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday / 15.00
To Find Out More About Easter On Glendeer Pet Farm
- Christmas Lapland At Glendeer Farm
Glendeer is transformed into Irelands Lapland for the month of December with Santa and his reindeer, a crib with a live cow and donkey, a snow scene and much more.
Ireland’s Lapland :-
- Monday – Friday 16.00 – 19.00
- Saturday – Sunday 15.00 – 19.00
To Find Out More About Christmas At Glendeer Farm
- Spooktastic Halloween Event with Willow the Witch
Cast spells with our scary witch, toast marshmallows over an open fire, enter the eerie maze but be warned, it’s as your own risk. Enter the forbidden forest and be scared by lots more ghosts and ghouls at Glendeer Pet Farm this Halloween!
To Find Out More About Halloween in Glendeer Pet Farm
Directions To Glendeer Pet Farm
From the Dublin side of Athlone
- Follow the signs for Galway until you are on the dual carriage (Athlone by-pass). Take Exit 13 (Tuam/Monksland exit), if you miss this turn you will end up on a new stretch of motorway & there are no slipways off until you reach Ballinasloe, so be careful not to miss exit 13. From this exit you come to a roundabout, where you take the 2nd exit (signposted Ballydangan) and continue on to another roundabout where you take the 1st exit (Ballydangan) and just after that roundabout you take the next turn right and the farm is 2 miles (3kms) up the road on the left hand side.
From the Galway side of Athlone (motorway)
- Head for Athlone & take the 1st slipway off motorway signposted Exit 13 (Athlone West), Continue to the 1st roundabout & take the 2nd exit (Galway), at the 2nd roundabout take the 3rd exit (Ballydangan) & at the 3rd roundabout take the 1st exit (Ballydangan), and just after that roundabout you take the next turn right and the farm is 2 miles (3kms) up that road on the left hand side.
Glendeer Farm is the ideal setting for your summer day out, school tours, birthday parties, scout groups, mother and toddler groups etc.
All catered for by appointment. Contact The Glendeer Farm Team Tel. 353 90 6437147 or go to their website www.glendeerpetfarm.ie for more information.