Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Red Mountain Open Farm
Red Mountain Open Farm in Meath is a great day out for all the family, with a huge selection of animals to be seen as well as their indoor kids play area with mini go-karts, play tractors and sand pit. Red Mountain Farm provides an affordable day out with attractions and adventure for all the family
Visitors to the farm can interact with the farm animals enjoy a picnic or have a bite to eat in the cafe with its quality refreshments.
The children will love to cuddle the chicks, bunnies and puppies, feed the donkeys, ponies, pygmy goats, lambs and piglets. Play with the mini diggers and tractors on the farm.
Why not take a trip on the Red Mountain Open Farm very own “Bumpy Blue Barrel Express Train” or experience a pony carriage ride. You can also enjoy a walk along the country trail.
They welcome children parties, school tours and special family group’s occasions. All they ask is that you call in advance for bookings. Phone 041 983 3221
They also run seasonal events at Easter, Halloween and Christmas for all the family to enjoy.
Red Mountain Pet Farm Facilities
Open all year round, they have a range of weatherproof Features and Facilities aimed at providing a comprehensive choice for your family, group, birthday parties, school groups etc., for that fun day out. With the largest indoor facility available on any Open Farm in Ireland so you can enjoy your visit whatever the weather.
At Red Mountain Open Farm you can enjoy the following:
- Play Areas – Indoors and Outdoors – Safe and well equipped including peddle go- carts and much more which can be overseen by guardians while enjoying a cup of tea or coffee.
- Picnic Facilities – Indoors and Outdoors
- Animal Enclosures – Indoors and Outdoors. Currently they have:donkey, geese, ducks, rabbits, goats, chickens, hens, lambs, and others depending on what time of year you visit
- Pedal Tractors
- Play in our sandpits
- Country Farm Walks
- Teas Coffees, Soft Drinks etc
- Ample Parking for Cars and Coaches
- Horse & Carriage Ride*
- Blue Barrel Express*
- Tickets are €2.50 for the rides*
School Tours at Red Mountain Open Farm
Here at Red Mountain Open Farm all school tours are fully guided and their exceptional facilities ensure pupils will have a good time regardless of the weather.
A typical visit to Red Mountain Open Farm includes the following:
- On arrival a guide will greet your group and take you around to
- Meet farm yard friends, the Cows, Donkeys, Goats, Pony, Lambs, Rabbits, Geese, Hens, Chickens and others
- Village Activity Shed & Take a spin on the peddle tractors
- Lunch break
- Ride on the Blue Barrell Express
- Farm walk
- Red Mountain play areas
- All teachers go free and get a complimentary tea or coffee
- Please ensure pupils have suitable clothing and a packed lunch
Book your School Tour today with Liz on 0872573159
All school tours require a deposit of €100 to confirm your date
School Tour available dates from the 25th of April to 30th of June (Tuesday’s to Fridays only 10am to 1pm)
Opening Times –
Red Mountain Open Farm is open all year and opening days and times vary with the seasons. Look here for full details about their Opening Times
How To Get To Red Mountain Open Farm
Just 5 kilometres off the M1 (exit 9) at Drogheda and two minutes from the Newgrange Entrance/Interpretative Centre.
They have spacious parking for cars and buses