Please mention Family Fun when booking!
Known locally as the Abbey, this Dominican Friary was founded in the mid – 13th century by Maurice Fitzgerald. The site contains a great wealth of carvings including Gothic and Renaissance tomb sculpture, well preserved cloister and the only sculptured 15th century high altar to survive in any Irish monastic church. This enigmatic friary will inspire and enlighten it’s visitors. Access o site is by stone stairway.
Sligo Abbey Opening Hours
- April – mid October: Daily 10.00-18.00
- Mid October – November Friday, Saturday, Sunday only 9.30 – 16.30
- Last admission 50 mins before closing
- Average length of visit 1 hour
- Guided tours Maximum Of People 40, Duration 30 minutes
Admission To Sligo Abbey
- Family: €8.00
- Adult: €3.00
- Sen/Group: €2.00
- Child/Student: €1.00
- Small exhibition
- Public car park close to site