St Patricks Day Events Athlone 2023
Athlone Croí na hÉireann, 5 day Festival takes place from 15th the 19th of March 2023.
Look out for more updates!
St Patricks Day Events Athlone 2017
The Athlone St. Patrick’s Day Parade will start at 2.30pm from from Shamrock Lodge Hotel heading eastwards. The Viewing Stand will be located at St. Peter’s Square.
There is a special focus on free children’s entertainment this year with free entertainment for youngsters in the Civic Square sponsored by Athlone Town Council and music on the streets before, during and after the parade.
When: 17 March
Where: Parade Starts from Golden Island
Time: Parade starts at 2.30pm
Music, Entertainment and Buskers throughout the Parade
Tonnta Street Theatre and Buskers throughout town
Come Along and Join the Fun!
Programme Of Events
- Pet Farm (Burgess Park: 12-2.30pm)
- Thunder Action Sport BMX demo (Civic Square, 12-1pm and 3.30-5pm)
- Attitude Dance (Entrance to Dunnes Stores, Irishtown, 12-1pm)
- There will also be an Irish Dancing Display between 12.30 – 1.30 pm in Starbucks and the Mardyke St entrance, courtesy of the Conway Byrne School of Dance.
- Buskers – Spread across various locations around the town, 12-2.30pm
- Musicality – Right Start Montessori School (Front of Castle, 12-2pm)
- Magician Adrian Murphy (Civic Centre, 12.30-2.30pm)
- 40 Watts Band (Main Stand, Church Street, 1-2pm)
- Athlone Boat Club display (River Shannon, 1-2pm)
- St Mary’s NS Children’s Choir (Steps of Ss Peter & Paul’s 1-2pm, Main Stand 2.30pm)
- Athlone St Patrick’s Day Parade (from Shamrock Lodge Hotel heading eastwards, 2.30pm) Face Painting, Balloons and St Patrick’s Day Arts and Crafts (Athlone Towncentre, 1-5pm)
- Spankin’ Brass Band (Behind Castle, 4pm)
- Weekend Celebrity – Donna McCaul’s band from LA (Main Stand, 4-5.30pm)
- Duck Race (Athlone Boat Club, 4.30pm)