This hugely successful production of the Abbey’s most (in)famous play was loved by audiences and critics alike during its first run in 2007.
In this bang up-to-date version, the action has been moved from the West of Ireland to a pub in west Dublin. The Playboy, Christy Mahon, is now Christopher Malomo, a well-educated refugee from Nigeria, on the run after he ‘killed’ his father with a pestle for pounding yams.
With this rousing new version, Synge’s extraordinary play re-discovers its ability to tell the truth of a contemporary Irish experience and continues its legacy, as vibrant as ever.
Classification :- Theatre / Age 10+
Date / Show Time :-
- 12th , 13th , 15th December / 7.30pm – Previews
- 16th – 23th December / 7.30pm – Nightly
- 20th December / 2pm – Matinee
- 27th – 30st December / 7.30pm – Nightly
- 31st December / 6pm only
- 2nd – 31st January / 7.30pm – Nightly
- Sign language interpreted performance :- 10th January / 2pm
- Captioned & Audio described performance :- 17th January / 2pm
- €22 , €26 , €30 , €35
- Concessions available Monday – Friday €15 , €18 , €20 , €25
- Family Tickets – €80 ( 2 adults , 2 children )
- Previews – €18 , €20 ( Concessions €15, €18 )
- Matinees – €18 , €20 , €22 ( Concessions €15 , €18 , €20 )
Booking :- Phone – 01 878 7222 No Booking Fee
Call into the Abbey Box Office. We are open Monday to Saturday from 10.30am – 7pm.