Please mention Family Fun when booking!
National Museum Archaeology Events
The National Museum of Ireland – Archaeology is the national repository for all archaeological objects found in Ireland and home to over two million artefacts
Free Kids workshop part of The National Museum – Archaeology and History – My Museum Programme
The Activity Cart is located on the first floor of the Museum, adjacted to the Ceramics and Glass from Ancient Cyprus. Art materials and worksheets are available free.
The Museum Parenting Facilities
- Baby changing facilities are available within all toilet facilities available throughout the museum.
- Pushchairs/strollers can be left at the Museum entrance at the Museum’s discretion as there is limited space. Owners are responsible for pushchairs left unattended. Please contact Reception desk when you arrive to arrange this.
- Highchairs are available on request in the Museum Cafe.
- The Museum Cafe is a breast-feeding friendly location.
My Museum Family Programme
The My Museum programme of events is designed to encourage families to work together, in an alternative and fun way, to learn more about the National Museum of Ireland’s collections. Every two to three weeks, a different part of the Museum’s collections is explored either through an art, drama or storytelling workshop; or through a demonstration or special guided tour.
The National Museum of Ireland – Archaeology Events
Calendar of Events for details of temporary exhibitions and ongoing programme of events for your family.
Explore The Learning Resource Room
Drop in to the new learning space where you can handle replica objects, explore books on ancient worlds and people, or create some art taking inspiration from the collections. There is no booking required and not wheelchair accesible.
Classification :- Drop-in Activity Workshop / All Ages
Admission: – Free – Places are limited
Familyfun Tip:- Come Early
Booking :- No Booking
National Museum Admission And Opening Hours
Admission to the Museum is free
- Tuesday to Saturday 10am-5pm
- Sunday & Monday 1pm- 5pm
- Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday
The National Museum Cafe
The Museum Café offers a wide range of foods from salads, breads, sandwiches, pasta and soup to specialty coffees, muffins, pastries and desserts.
You will find child-friendly food at Brambles Café and high-chairs are available on request
The café is open during Museum hours.
National Museum of Ireland – Archaeology Directions
On Foot – Approximately:
- Two minutes walk from Grafton Street or St Stephen’s Green
- 15 minutes walk from O’Connell Street or Dublin Docklands
- Cycle racks are available to the left of the steps up to the entrance to the Museum
- Bus: 7, 7A, 8,10,11,13 (O’Connell Street)
- Luas: Green Line Luas (tram). Two minutes walk from ‘St Stephen’s Green’ stop
- Train: Five minutes walk from ‘Pearse’ station on Westland Row
- Car parking is not available onsite, but there are several public car parks in the vicinity
- Dublin City “Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours” have a drop off and pick up stop at our three sites in Dublin
- Viking Splash Tours will drop off at the National Museum after their tour